I think most of you would agree that Labradors and Golden Retrievers are the most popular dogs in the world. And it’s not hard to see why, they’re gorgeous, friendly and loveable – what more could you want?!
These fun-loving and free-spirited creatures certainly know how to put a smile on the faces of all who cross their path. But what is it about them that gets us all giddy in their presence? I think it’s because they’re a cross between being highly intelligent creatures but with an adorably goofy personality.
Originating in Newfoundland, they were first bred to help fishermen and hunters retrieve their nets and catch. Now, Labradors are more commonly used as guide-dogs and comfort animals for those with disabilities.
Labradors and Golden Retrievers are very similar, but there are some slight differences
Golden retrievers differ between British, American and Canadian types. They’re both retrievers which meant they were meant for hunting and work. Goldens were gentlemen’s hunting dogs that also made lovely house pets when they weren’t hunting. Labradors are more stubborn but with a better work ethic.
They’re all very high-energy creatures that need a lot of exercise. But they’re also very cuddly creatures that love the interaction and human companionship.
Anyway, we’ve compiled a list of our most adorable, funny and joyous photos of labradors and golden retrievers
Have a look and let us know which pictures are your favorites in the comment section below. And please send us pictures of your own labradors and golden retrievers, we’d love to see their playful behavior as well!
1. No matter where you hide, a golden will always find you!
2. Love is just in their hearts
3. The peanut butter fiend
4. The cutest travel buddies
5. This is what a golden who hasn’t seen his owner for 9 months looks like
6. A beautiful black birthmark
7. When you realize you’ve put some holiday weight on
8. Snuggle buddies
9. A real good boy on his first day out
10. This pupper loves giving guests a present, if he can’t find a gift, he will give you back your own shoes
11. Trying to pick a puppy can be tough
12. This bag contains important lab equipment
13. Cat dog?
14. Found their feet
15. Cuddling up with your puppies
16. A distraction in the stadium
17. What a messy pup
18. A 13-year-old golden taking the 8-week pup for a walk
19. The best kind of coworker
20. What a cutie!
How adorable are these labradors and golden retrievers? Also, at Happiest we love hearing all of your opinions. So please let us know what you thought of the article in the comment section below. ?